Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

I have an LLC that is registered in the state of Massachusetts.

I have an LLC that is registered in the state of Massachusetts. I am the only owner. Is it possible to add my wife as a co-owner and, if so, how? Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

You just have to assign half of your interest to her in accordance with the LLC operating agreement, if any. It's very simple since it is currently owned 100% by you.

Here is a form assignment you can use to transfer 1/2 of your interest.

I believe I have answered your question. Your accept would be greatly appreciated. Of course, if I can provide clarification concerning your original question, please let me know.

If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you accept the answer to your first question before asking another.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.