wallstreetesq.
wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation
16356563

I have a great uncle who has some photographs from the 1930s

I have a great uncle who has some photographs from the 1930's that I would like to publish and sell. He is leaving me these photos in his will, but I would like to do this while he is alive. He has said that he will sign permission over to me. What do I need to do to be able to market and sell his photos both in the fine art market, as well as the stock photography market? Thanks.
did he take the photos?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. He was a photographer and these are all his original photographs.
first he should sign over all rights to the photographs to you now, it should be in writing and explicit in that it states you will own all future and past rights to the photographs, THESE ARE CALLED EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS, then copyright them It only costs $45, To register, contact the Register of Copyrights, Library of Congress, Washington DC, 20559, and obtain the Works of Visual Art (VA) Form, or Short Form VA.

You may register a multitude of works under one registration fee. To get your money's worth and speed up your filing process, include as many digital photos as you can onto a single CD or DVD. You are not required to include high-resolution images, as long as your photos could be clearly identified and compared with a "violation"; photo dimension ranging between 250 to 300 pixels should suffice.