INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

I received a default judgement against my LLC and a bank account

Customer Question

I received a default judgement against my LLC and a bank account garnishment. I filed a motion to set aside and was unable to make the court date due to my grandfathers funeral. I have documents to prove this. They filed a garnishment against my personal bank account and some how the bank allowed this. This was a debt that was invalid in fact this business acctually owes us 1,500. Please help I need this money returned and would like to get this company to pay their actual debt. In addition what do I do about a bank that allows a ganishment against an LLC only, my personal name was not included in this and they allowed my personal bank account garnished?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. You should refile the motion and explain why you missed the prior appearance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I would file another motion to set aside but it said since I missed court I can not and my big problem also is my personal bank account when this was agoinst my LLC. I am upside down for an invalid claim the plaintiff claimed we double billed them 2200. I also need my bank to reverse this garnishment.
If you make the motion you would ask the court not only to vacate but also reverse and stop the garnishment. short of a settlement that is the only option.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you suggesting the motion to quash would do this?
Motion to vacate and quash.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can these be filed together on the same form or do I need to file 2 separate motions?
Combined.