Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

After the sale of our primary business. My husband held onto

Customer Question

After the sale of our primary business. My husband held onto a smaller, less profitable business. I had no ownership in the original business as it was somewhat family generated.
He ever so "graciously" made me a "partner" in the latter business of his choosing. That business has left us in ruins. I ignorantly lived a comfortable life. I made the choice to turn a blind eye to reality. There is a buy sale agreement for the remaining business to close hopefully around the 15th of July. He promises me proceeds from the sale for investment purposes. (for me) I have nothing. Again, I have only myself to blame. Is there any way that I can salvage anything for myself before everything is finalized?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Selling the business is the best and fastest way to generate income for you.

It would be wise to get an agreement put in writing that says what percentage you're going to get from the sale. However, I really don't see a way to profit more than getting your share of the proceeds.