Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

We are registering our LLC and we are been asked if we would

We are registering our LLC and we are been asked if we would like to be taxed as a S or C corpartion or if we would like to LLC partnership. Which is better? We are opening a small cellphone business.

Good evening. You will want to be taxed as a partnership. This will prevent double taxation...the profit being taxed at the entity level as income is earned; and then again at the member level when the distributions are made to the owners.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.