wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation

Hello, I am starting an online vitamin company selling my

I am starting an online vitamin company selling my own label on a distributors bottle and am concerned about protecting my personal assets. Can you help me understand the following?

1. I have an LLC registered under my home address. I do not believe my home is listed as an asset to the company. Does this mean my home and personal assets are protected?

2. Do I also need to have business insurance to protect my personal assets? Is personal liability insurance the same as business insurance?

3. If a customer sues due to something being wrong with the product am I or the manufacturer liable?

Category: Business Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq. replied 6 years ago.
are all contract, trademarks under the llc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not have a trademark and no the contract is not under the LLC, how do I put it under the LLC?

you first need to trademark all logo's and symbols used to protect them, also create the LLC, and have all accounts and contracts changed to include the LLC instead of you personally. If it is too late to change them it is ok, but have your personal assets put into another corp account to protect them from any personal liability.