Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Confidentiality and Exclusivity Agreement

We need a confidentiality and exclusivity agreement with a cargo carier company.
This is a new project we've been testing and we brought the service idea and most of the instructure on how it should be done. Now that it worked and both parties agreed we decided to sign an agreement to protect our rights...
Agreement should cover three different areas:
1- Ownership and protection of the idea, by creating a confidentiality agreement that project would not be represented to anybody without our/their consent.
2- Project and service would not be marketed to certain areas of the market we enclose, by creating an exclusivity agreement.
3- We'll have the right of control and commission the service for those certain areas that cargo carier company has to present case by case.

We need the actual agreement to be prepared and delivered
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

As much as I would love to assist you, we at JustAnswer cannot directly prepare documents for you, as that would be deemed active representation. What we can do is either review your documentation and provide assistance with portions that you may have overlooked, help with specific sections of the agreement, or help you with helping you find an attorney to assist. But we cannot create such specific agreements for you, at least not directly.

Please advise.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt answer, before posting our request, we checked help pages, terms and conditions and didn't come across with the limitations you explained. As there are many leagl form/agreement websites we thought one of the experts provide or prepare this agreement for us.

We really appreciate your warning, we need to finalize this by Monday night as service in subject became fully operational and we're concerned of exposition...

If you can assist to find an attorney and approx. quote how much it would cost we can persue on that...

We came up with $120 budget, as it would be around the range of such task done by a lawyer, perhaps in this case paying that amount only for a referral would be quite high.

We'll be waiting for your recommendation

Thanks again

Such terms and conditions stop us as attorneys--since we may not be licensed to practice law in your specific state, writing such a document may count as unathorized practice of law and may place us in danger of possibel prosecution.

First of all the budget for this is quite low--a decent attorney-writen NDA/Confidentiality agreement tailored to your needs with the sections that you stated will cost you from $1,200-$2,500, and possibly much higher simply because this is a rush job. The reason is because a good attorney must not simply place sections together but must first familiarize himself with your business model and only then write up the terms.

Yes, a $120.00 referral is much too high, so I will assist you in a different capacity--if you are seeking an attorney today, browse the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. There you can search by attorneys by fee, location, experience, and expertise.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much, don't know how can I reduce the $120 post and offer you at least the average amount, but shall write to support and try it... Thanks
You are most welcome and good luck to you!
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>Thanks again for your time...</p>