Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA

If my neighbors dont mind and I manage to stay within noise

If my neighbors don't mind and I manage to stay within noise ordinaces, am I allowed to board dogs at my house which aren't mine for profit?

You would have to apply for a business license from the City of Portland in order to conduct business activities for profit. If you are in a residential area, I would opine that a kennel type business would be prohibited by local land use ordinances and code restrictions. The way to know for sure would be to contact the local Planning and Zoning office to see if the area where you are located is zoned to allow for a kennel type home business.

You can contact them here to see if it would be permitted down under the planning and zoning number:

If I have answered your question, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.