Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

i need to know what M.G.L. TO FILE IN COURT ON AN ABANDONED

Customer Question

i need to know what M.G.L. TO FILE IN COURT ON AN ABANDONED MOTOR VEHICLE that was left in my shop for 7 MONTHS. I DID MANY CASES LIKE THIS IN THE PAST USEING M.G.L. CHAPTER 90 c.255 c25 & 26 IN OTHER COURTS IN MA, AND I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS GETING THE RIGHT TO SELL THE VEHICLE TO recover my losses, and sold them BY ORDER OF THE COURT. today I went before JUDGE and he wanted to check out THE GENERAL LAWS and chapter for the RIGHT TO SELL ABANDONED VEHICLES, AND TOOK it under ADVISEMENT did I used the wrong M.G.L.??? I.M ASKING FOR MASSACHUSETTS LAW ONLY. THANK YOU.
MIKE SORRENTINO
P.S. THE JUDGE CONTINUED THE CASE FOR 3 WEEKS TO LOOK UP THE LAW.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your inquiry.

You have filed correctly. It is likely that the judge assigned to your case is new and, not having the specific law handy, thought it best to double check before allowing the property to be sold. As you may be aware, section 25 is the portion of the code that grants the lien, and section 26 provides the authority for the court to order the sale. Of course, no sale may be undertaken without court authorization. However, that is not an issue here, as you properly applied for an order to sell the property. I expect the judge to rule in your favor.

Best of luck!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this information was helpful, please remember to click "Accept." Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------