I havea small Ice cram parlor, we lease two frezzers and left

I havea small Ice cram parlor, we lease two frezzers and left a 4,000 deposit. Now that we need to return the equipment, the company do not want to give us the deposit, because the original Finance company went Bankrupt. I do not want to return the equipment if I do not get my deposit back. Company is will try to reposes the equipment...what can I do to get my money back , should I retun the equipment? for $4,000. I can not get an can I defend myself.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Is there a return policy?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We needed to let them know a month before the lease ended that we were willing to stop the lease, we could never conatct them (they never answer because offices were closed they went Bankruptcy) The new company conatct us two months after to request payment because they automatically renewed the lease. The company acknowleged the they did not notify us of the new finance company and agreed to end the lease, by us retuning the equipment. When we asked for our deposit, they argued they have not knowleage of it...we have copy of the check send to them and cashed for the deposit)

Thy last comment was that becasue the previous company went bankrupt, we lost our deposit...

They agreed in writing first?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, they gave a on offer of settelment which we accepted and sent the money. Sttelment was because The finance company was charging us the lease months for the renewed lease that did not extended and they acnowleged that they fail to notified us . They wanted to charge us for the months it took them to review our claim.
If in writing it has to be honored without exception unless both sides agree otherwise