Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

If a consulting contract is terminated prematurely by the company

Customer Question

If a consulting contract is terminated prematurely by the company can I charge for services that I would have provided for the next 30 days? The contract specifically reads: "the agreement may be terminated by either party upon the issuing of a written notice 30 days prior to termination or at any time upon mutual agreement of the parties." Thanks!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

Yes you will invoice for the level of work anticipated during the 30 day period. That would be your damage if you had to go to court.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.