Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.

Whats the difference between an investor and a partner What

What's the difference between an investor and a partner?

What decides how much of the company a investor or partner get?

Is it easy to buy out an investor or partner?

How do I locate partners? Do I just contact experienced people in my field and start a converstation with them?

I am hesistant to give up part of my company to a investor or partner is that the wrong line of thinking? Most companies can't move forward or grow with out an investor or partner?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
An investor invests money in the company but generally has no say in the management of the company. Some investors get stock in the company in exchange for their investment, which gives them a vote in what happens. Partners are also investors but usually invest in a partnership or an LLC rather than a corporation. They also usually engage in running the business on a day to day business. In my 23 years of business law I have never heard it said better than you did. "Contact experienced people in your field and start a conversation with them." That's how you interest investors in your company.