Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I am in the middle of purchasing a vehicle in the form of cash

Customer Question

I am in the middle of purchasing a vehicle in the form of cash in full from a chevorlet dealership. The carfax and the dealer show me that there is a lein on the vehicle. Will this effect me in any way and how? Won't the dealership handle the situation since I am paying in full?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. The dealership is supposed to pay the lien from the proceeds you are delivering. You want to make sure they do this so you are delivered clear title without the lien. If it's a reputable dealership you have nothing to worry about; if it's a questionable dealership, I would call the lienholder and talk with them directly about paying off lien.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is from a chevorlet dealership so I am guessing that I should not be worried?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

That's correct. You'll be fine at a Chevy dealership. Good luck with your new car!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for relieving the stress from my brain.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
No problem. Glad to help! Have a great evening.