INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

I am currently in Massage Therapy School and am interested

I am currently in Massage Therapy School and am interested in starting a small business out of my home for a very limited clientel in Saint Charles, IL. Where do I start?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. What precisely do you want to know?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to be operate a small business out of my home to do massage therapy. It will be part time on the evenings and weekend and I need to know if I can do that where I live and if so what are the steps I need to take to get my business license. I live in a subdivision on the west side of St. Charles (287 Farihaven Dr.). If I cannot do it out of my home what do I need to do to open a small business in the city of St. Charles (IL) or possibly Geneva? Thank you.
What are you asking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is it possible (legal) to have a small business out of my home to do massage therapy in St. Charles, IL?

If so, what are the steps that I need to take to get a business license. If not, what do I need to do to get a business license to perform massage thereapy in the City of St. Charles, IL?

If the zoning rules permit and the hoa/bylaws do not object. Practically, it is common but if you have clients coming in and out, that is where the rules get enforced.