How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The President of our company, an S corp in New Jersey died

Resolved Question:

The President of our company, an S corp in New Jersey died without anyone else authorized to sign checks. His wife wants to continue the company but isn't certain how she is to get her name as a check signer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
She will have to go to the probate court and be named as the personal representative of his estate. I assume that he is the sole shareholder. The personal representative can vote his shares. She can then vote herself in as president and do a corporate resolution that she be added to the corporate checking account. Check with the bank manager but that should be sufficient.
lwpat and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions