INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

My landlord threatened my husband personally and our commercial

My landlord threatened my husband personally and our commercial lease. We have one witness, the partner/other landlord to the threat as well as two witness who heard the other landlord/partner acknowledge and apologize for his partner threatening us. We filed a sheriffs report but are not sure who law enforcement has talked with as of yet. Would this be grounds to break our lease? We asked to be let out (2 months early) but were denied and countered with nastiness. The situation is escalating daily. We are moving our business, at great expense, because we don't feel our business is secure there and we and our employees are harassed /intimidated on a daily basis. Thank You~ Amy E
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. What do you want to know?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is this grounds to break my lease?
If he is threatening and interfering with quiet enjoyment of premises, it is but best to get a court order or landlord consent to end the lease.