Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I signed a contract yesterday (Saturday) to purchase printing

I signed a contract yesterday (Saturday) to purchase printing equipment for my small business and gave a large deposit ($10,000.00) on my credit card. I am now having buyers remose and feel I spent more then my business can handle. The contract says no refunds. The equipment is going to be ordered on Monday and shipped when I pay the balance. Do I have a right to cancel and receive my deposit back if I call them on Monday?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You most definitely have the right to contact them and to attempt to cancel. Whether they cancel or not is totally at their discretion. There is no 72 hour rescission law for contracts, unless such a clause exists within the contract itself.

Since you will not lose anything by trying, I would suggest you attempt to get in touch with them and see if they are willing to cancel the agreement, but under Florida and federal law they do not have to abide by your wishes.

I am sorry.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 5/3/2010 at 4:26 AM EST