Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My business partner and I created a company called davisnetzband.

Customer Question

My business partner and I created a company called davisnetzband. We never registered it tho in either state or federal. About 2 weeks ago he wanted to part ways so he did. I quickly went on and regsitered the name with both federal and state government as all of my websites, emails, and sales material say davisnetzband. i registered them with state and federal governemnt with me being the sole owner. My partenr is now saying that I have to drop his last name from the company even though legally through the stae/federal i won the name... does he have any ground to stand on? All of our cleints know us as davisnetzband. WE have over $1k in printed material that say davisnetzband. He says it is misrepresentation of his name but tehre are more than 1 person out there with the last name "netzband". Thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.What do you want to accomplish?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just want to make sure that I cant be sued or have to change the name. He keeps telling me that it is mis-represenation and doesnt want his name attached to it but it isnt his name... it is the name of my company?
Have you considered buying him out?