Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

Hello,I recently purchased a domain name. Im looking to

I recently purchased a domain name. I'm looking to open it up to adult website advertisers. Some of the ads will be X rated. Do I need to worry about any legal issues for example underage people looking at the banner links from the advertisers and/or people who live in a area where it is illegal to look at porn since there won't be a disclaimer on my website? Will I be held legally responsible for anything?

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
What kind of website do you have? Are you going to have adult content on your site?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The website itself will not have adult content but it will have banner links to other adult website which may contain adult content
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
What will you have on your website as far as use or content? You can be general if you like, but what I am asking about is whether there will be anything there directed at or likely to draw kids to the website?

Also, are you going to have a user's agreement on your site?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We will not have any content on the site other then links and ads to other sites. The ads themselves will be pornographic and the sites that they link to will be pornographic. In the future we plan to build up the site as a directory to other adult sites and strip clubs. But as for now it will just be a site for links and ads for other services.

There will be nothing on there drawing in kids specifically but as of now we do not have a user's agreement.

There will be nothing on there to decipher the age of the people accessing the site.

Are these things that we will need to have in order to avoid any legal issues? Thank you so much for your help, as I am sure you are very busy.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
No, there's really no problem with the ads as long as the ads themselves don't have anything pornographic showing on them.

However, as soon as it becomes something other than a parked site you will need user's agreements, statutory language about any models being over the legal age, etc.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.