How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my business partner has his minority business enterprise license

Customer Question

my business partner has his minority business enterprise license as well as several other minority accreditations. we have contacts on both the manufacturing and federal government levels. we want to start a product supply business that has a focus on providing building materials and green energy products to housing authorities across the country as well as to any federal contracts that meet the product chain we supply. We are based out of Cincinnati, Ohio and my question is: What type of interstate commerce laws should we be aware of prior to starting our company? We plan on warehousing products from manufacturers as well as having orders shipped directly from the manufacturer to the jobsite or receiving facility. We are mainly the middle man and want to ensure that our business is fullproof and ran legitimately.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What do you want to accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The objective is to properly establish a minority based construction material and product supply business focussing on federal, state and local government bid contracts. My question is: What type of interstate commerce laws/regulation should we be aware of? (i.e. - tax implications, licenses, etc.)
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
I am going to open this question to my colleagues.