Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

the lease contract had the date incorrectly placed as starting

the lease contract had the date incorrectly placed as starting month 11 and day 03 instead of march 11 the actual date. Is the contract voided or breached?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.

So the numbers are reversed correct as for the month and day?

Does the lease say anywhere within what time period it was to run - ie. one year?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes they were reversed. It was a month to month lease but she circled that not me. I should have asked for a week to week room to rent.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.

I just want to be sure of my answer here.

What year was it or did it start? How long have you been there and when did you actually take possession?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was for 2010 and I began living there March 12, 2010 and gave written notice to vacate on 03/29/10 to move out this week as early as today.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.

OK, as to whether a lease is week to week or month to month - it depends upon how payment is made if not specifically stated what the lease term is. If you make payments on a weekly basis - it's a week to week tenancy. However, if you make payments on a month-to-month basis - it's a monthly tenancy.

So, regardless of the wording of the lease as to it's start - you were on a month to month tenancy.

As such, you need to give one full month's notice before you vacate or you can be held for the additional time.

For example, if you gave notice that you were leaving on 3/29/2010 - you can be held to not pay April's full month rent.

If you would have given notice on April 1, 2010 - then you would have to pay April's AND May's rent.

So, your liable for April's full month rent.