Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

can I combined two EIN under one company, by merging two c

can I combined two EIN under one company, by merging two companies?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

You can definitely merge two companies and have one "survive" for IRS and other legal purposes. You'll need to file a form with the IRS showing that two companies have merged and the EIN you use from here out will be of the "surviving" company.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your