JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues

who can own a primary care practice in louisiana

Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
The Louisiana Board of Medicine addressed the issue in a position statement dated August 20,1992. The board stated a physician could be employed by a corporation so long as protocols and policies were in place to ensure that the physician maintained independent judgment in the practice of medicine.

I would assume ownership would be in a limited liability structure, either corporate or maybe LLC, which would fit the scenario addressed by the board in the position statement. This is a permissible and now routine situation, but one which must be carefully crafted through workplace policies to clearly separate medical decision making from management.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.