Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA

Question If I short sell my home would it affect my 3 LLCs

Question: If I short sell my home would it affect my 3 LLCs and would there be a judgement against my LLCs?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

If you are able to get your lender to agree to a short sale, make sure it is a non-recourse short sale. This means that they can't come after you for a deficiency between what you owed and what it sold for. Assuming that they didn't reserve the right to sue you for any deficiency, there would be no effect on your LLCs. Since LLCs are separate legal entities, all assets in the LLCs are owned by them and not you personally. This protects them from liability if you are sued personally.

I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue. If the information given answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" BUTTON NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.