Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA

i had formed one company in 2002 which have a good cridet history

i had formed one company in 2002 which have a good cridet history , now I made another company in 2009 and doing all my business on new company, should my new company puchase the previous company or do the merger to retained previous company history? please advise
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

I would simply merge the two companies. There are merger forms available from the NY Secretary of State. In most states, merging two companies into one is considered a simple reorganization and thus tax free. Once you have filled out and submitted the required forms to the Sec of State, you need to trade the stock from the earlier, separate companies for the stock of the new parent company and continue under the new company name.

I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue. If the information given answered your question, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.