Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

a friend rented some open space from me on my property to

a friend rented some open space from me on my property to park and store a large truck and 20 ft cargo container 2 years ago using a written rental agreement .He had made only a few payments.Then left town to stay wit his parents 500 miles away .He has promised to remove the things for a year now. how can i legally remove these two things and not be held responsible or liable. I have verbally warned him to many times.The DMV wont let me lien sale the truck because too much time has passed since he stopped paying. What can i do about getting these two things off my property.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Since he is in breach of rental agreement, the first thing to do is to look at the rental agreement and see what your options are in the event of a default. If nothing is stated therein, then you will need to file a breach of contract suit against him and have him served. Once you obtain a judgment against him, you can have the judgment attached to his property. Under a writ of execution signed by the court, the sheriff will the property and sell it at an auction to pay for your damages.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I may obtain credit for providing this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge. Thank you.