lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

Hi, Is there a section that deals with custom work created

Is there a section that deals with custom work created but not picked up/paid for?
I have a customer that has given me a $100 deposit on a $500 custom item that I have made for him. What are my options? I have the item and can resell it or break it down for parts. Does he forfeit his deposit and Item in the custom work(custom picture frame) after a certain time period? Or do I have to hold it indefinatly?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Greg
What you need to have is an order form that states the deposit on special orders is non refundable and that the merchandise will be sold 30 days if not picked up and paid for. This is pretty typical but they need to sign. Here you need to send him the same notice and give him ten days, send it certified.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, He did not sign my invoice that has that on it. But you say I need to send him the same notice on an invoice changed to 10 days, mailed certified. But does he need to sign it and send it back to be "binding"? Or does the signature on the certified count as the signing of the 10 day acceptance?

Would an e-mail count if he responded with the same wording as the invoice?

It has been over 6 months BTW.

Emails do not count, no way to prove he got it. The signature on the certified letter is sufficient notice.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you.