Tina, Attorney
Experience:  licensed attorney for 13 years including employment, business, contract, domestic, and general civil

does( net income available) meanthat that is the amount of

Customer Question

does( net income available) meanthat that is the amount of net income to be paid out in dividends / / //
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Net income is the amount of income after taxes and expenses as it relates to a company's financial statement. Dividends may be paid out of net income but it is generally up to the board of directors to establish the amount of dividends to be paid during any given period.

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards to you,

Tina G

Please press the green "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.