Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Good Afternoon , We are a small business located in Pennsylvania

Good Afternoon ,
We are a small business located in Pennsylvania and currently employ between 75-80 employees. We utilize a payroll company to process our payroll. Every week one of the owners of the company picks up the payroll checks from the payroll company ( at least 75% of them are direct deposit ) The checks are then given out to the employees. The only people who have access to the payroll records besides the payroll company are : the owner, and the Business Manager ( who provides the payroll company with hours and also prevailing wage information). Those records are then kept in a locked cabinet. My question is. does either the owner or the business manager have to be bonded? Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

No there is no requirement that either person be bonded. That is up to the company and its insurance company. From what you describe, I do not think it would be required by an insurance company.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.