Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

I started a business called bobmarino Unlimited LLC with IRS

I started a business called bobmarino Unlimited LLC with IRS and the State of Minnesota
in Oct 2008 and paid all the fees.I never did get it going and never cancelled I want to restart my business this year by selling on Ebay for dropshippers, and making my own web site with
a company that is helping me build and training me.I need to know that I am legally
covered under LLC guidelines.Since I am the the only person in this business.
Please let me know.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

Whether you cannot operate a different type of business under the llc than what was initially considered depends on whether your articles of organization for the llc indicates the llc is formed to carry out any lawful business. That is generally the language used, and if it was used in your case, you are fine to start your new business under the same llc.

As to whether you are protected: the llc does carry limited liability protection but you need to make sure your llc is still considered in good standing with your state's secretary of state (or other agency with whom you filed your llc paperwork when you created your llc). If it is still in good standing you're ok -- if not, you'll likely need to pay some fees to get it reinstated and in good standing and then you're good to go.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.