Ask GWarren For Business & Nonprofits...
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits, Attorney
Experience:  30 yrs Counsel, AVP Corp Governance Fortune 100 finance/ins, Nonprofit Bds, law firm. OH NJ license

Well It hard to find work here in VA,And I'm trying to get

Customer Question

Well It hard to find work here in VA,And I`m trying to get a business license,but they want to see a agreement and two payment paid to the bills i owe(thing`s form a credit report) There close to 9 company a owe and totaling almost 30.000.00 With no income now fulfilling there request in order to get my license is a petty high fence to hop,just wanted to post here to see what a lawyers advise would be,leadership would be welcomed Thank`s Richard
Category: Business Law
Expert:  GWarren For Business & Nonprofits replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting justanswer.

There may be alternatives to obtaining the business license you seek. A Free business start-up counseling service either face to face or online is available through SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, to assist you. Experienced business executives volunteer to assist you with start-up plans and may be able to suggest options to the license and requirements you are currently exploring.

You can obtain business plans and schedule a local appointment through the above website.

Depending on your locality, your local Virginia government contacts may also be able to assist you with alternatives.

What business are you seeking a license? There may be other options such as working under the license of another business person.

I hope this information is helpful and responsive. If you would like further clarification, please let me know.