lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
15417118

I bought cleaning business with my girl friend about 2 year

I bought cleaning business with my girl friend about 2 year ago.Each one of us had %50 of shares.A few months ago I broke up with her. She told me that she wanna keep the bussines and will pay me off. Insted of that she opened another cleaning bussines and transfered all the assets,clientel etc. to her new business.Then she took all the money from our joint and business accounts. I never had aditional agreement between me and her about the business. What chances I got if I go to court?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
What she has done is a breach of fiduciary duty and she is personally liable for your share of the business. You have an excellent case and you should be able to find an attorney to take it on a contingency basis. You need a business law attorney and here is the referral site

http://www.avvo.com