lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

Im 20 years old and starting my second business. On my first

I'm 20 years old and starting my second business. On my first business I hired a lawyer to handle the incorporation. I don't recall getting much out of it, other than I had no idea what to do then. Should I just do it through LegalZoom or some other service now? It's an Internet business so I don't have any particular state laws to worry about (other than actually registering for my state), I won't be needing any venture capital, and don't have any other complicated agreements. I just want to form and LLC to protect myself in the event of catastrophe. Thanks!
You can set up an LLC on your own and can do it with the free forms at the state website here:
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wouldn't know the first step with all those forms. The online services aren't much more and they handle everything for you right?

Is there any particular downside? Am I opening myself up to trouble if I need to turn to a lawyer later?
It is really not that hard. If you can do a website you can do the forms. There is no real downside.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand it is only $15 but I feel you are being too brief with me. If you could release this question to another expert I would appreciate it.