Hi, My father is in an Assisted Living Facility and I

My father is in an "Assisted Living Facility" and I was told by a care taker that he would not have to pay his existing debts since all him money goes toward paying for his "ALF".

Is that true, and if so how should I notify his creditors?

Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Does he have available assets?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He receives $2100 a month from his pension and social security. He has a car that he took the personal loan against. It's a 2001 Ford Taurus. Their letter is a little confusing. They say that they are asking for the return security of the Ford Taurus, but then on another line it says the security for his account is a 2005 Honda which I believe belongs to the young woman who was taking advantage of him at the time he created the loan.

So other then the pension, social security, and Ford Taurus he has not assets. $1950 a month goes directly to the ALF.

Creditors are free to pursue him. They cannot touch exempt monies though such as social security and pension.
Customer: replied 6 years ago. they can go after his car only?

They are not likely to do so and likely wont pursue him on learning of his condition and write it off.