wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation

What are the general/typical terms for giving an exclusive

What are the general/typical terms for giving an exclusive license (6-12 months) to an international manufacturer that wants to produce your product for its territory?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq. replied 6 years ago.

The provisions for a license agreement are very complex, and you would need an attorney to make sure it is done correctly to protect you.

Please look at the sample license agreement below and tailor this for your needs.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was looking more for typical/general terms. They don't have to be exact.
I don't need an agreement template for it. I realize that it is a complex relationship but there are general licensing standards that can be given I hope.

General terms needed are:

Time frame

location where the goods are to be claimed

Royalty fee paid to you for the license

Non solicit and Non Compete agreements should be ther also so they will not take future business from you

If you will allow them to manufacture and distribute the goods, make sure you have protection from them in regards XXXXX XXXXX IP property, which is more important, as they could copy your product and sell it other places.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the same template as the first time. there are no terms included.
I would like general terms such as: 3% through 10% of gross for a license, $50,000 - $500,000 advance for exclusivity etc....