Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

In forming an LLC with a single member, what is the most advantageous

Customer Question

In forming an LLC with a single member, what is the most advantageous selection between single member, partnership, or sub-chapter S status? I am a 1 person forming the LLC, but I could have a partner with a nominal interest if that is advised.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. Actually, you are better of as a single-member LLC. As a single member LLC, you have all the advantages of any limited liability entity, but you can report your LLC's operations on Schedule C of your Form 1040 and do not have to go to the expense of preparing a separate tax return for your entity. An LLC does not elect S Corporation status....an LLC is already taxed as a partnership...meaning it is a flow through entity; rather a S Corporation election is made by a corporation so it can also be taxed as a partnership.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.