wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation

Our client gave us the opportunity to bid on a software-related

Customer Question

Our client gave us the opportunity to bid on a software-related project

We're not authorized by the software company named in the RFP to resell their product - our firm is too small

We approached an authorized service vendor and asked them to provide us with an estimate

They said we must provide them with the client's contact info first

We want them to sign an agreement (No Compete, No Interference, Restriction, Non-Solicitation, Non-Compete) before providing them with this info

We don't want them to offer their services/products directly to our client
Category: Business Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq. replied 6 years ago.
what exactly are you looking for, and what are you trying to protect?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Our firm, a small firm, is considered a third-tier reseller of computer hardware/software/network related peripherals

We purchase these items from authorized resellers (second tier) of manufacturers products such as HP (first tier)

In order to bid on our client's project we must provide the second tier reseller with our client's contact info - they need to provide this info to the manufacturer (fist tier)

Once we provide this info there is nothing to stop the reseller (whom we've never done business with) from approaching our client and offering to sell their services directly to them - we want to prevent them from competing with us

You need to have a non compete and non solicit signed by all parties, including a non disclosure agreement with any party that you will be having informal or formal discussions with.

Edited by kumar paturi esq on 2/1/2010 at 8:08 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't know how to word the agreement and have done many, many google searches seeking a sample of this type of document (firm to firm) - any suggestions?

The above link will have very good agreements for you to use, you will have to edit them but the basics are their, we cannot draft legal documents, but the above site forms are very good.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks - I briefly checked it out

So far I have not come up with a Firm to Firm No Compete but with the areas you suggested I focus on inputting into the agreement (no compete, solicitation etc) maybe I can copy/paste soething together

that is what you should do, copy and paste what you need, in my practice I use the language for some deals, the basics are their.

they have more here also.