JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an advertising

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an advertising agency?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
What type of business do you have?

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Our company specializes in home delivery, all items are required.
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
An advertising company can be a useful tool for reaching new markets and expanding your business. Of course, you could advertise on your own but unless you have expertise in the area you may end up wasting money. The key to avoiding any pitfalls with an advertising agency, and any other business partner, will be having a written contract specifically outlining the rights and responsibility of the agency and your business.

I asked what type of business you are in because some business types have advertising regulations. In those situations it is important to work with an agency familiar with the regulatory requirements. Your business area does not have a great deal of regulation.

You should contact several agencies and request quotes for the services you are seeking. Inform the agencies that you are contacting several businesses for quotes. Submit your requirements for the quote in writing. Be sure that you request a list of customers whom you may contact concerning the business to verify that satisfactory services were provided. Lastly, choose a business with a good reputation and get a written contract. Remember that oral promises or statements are worthless unless included in the contract in writing.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.