Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am investing in a startup LLC. It asked me how I want to

I am investing in a startup LLC. It asked me how I want to take ownership and lists options. I am a married man. I would like to take individual ownership, but I do not wish to exclude my wife. I am assuming I can say individual ownership but my wife will still retain my ownership if anything happens to me is this correct?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. You can take ownership in your name. In the event you were to die, your interest would pass pursuant to the terms of your will. That beneficiary would continue to own the interest unless the LLC operating agreement has specific buy/sell provisions governing interests of deceased members.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.