socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am in the process of setting up my business, in CT. I have

Customer Question

I am in the process of setting up my business, in CT. I have an EIN. Upon setting up an account with a distributor, I found out I also need a Resale Certificate. I am not really sure what I need to do from this point going forward. When searching the CT government site, it brought me to a registration page to register for a CT Sales tax ID, but said if I have a tax ID to not register again. What do I do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Can you point me to the link to the page you're talking about?

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sure, this is the link I was referring too. Thank you:
An EIN from the IRS is not the same as a Connecticut Tax Registration Number (CTRN).. If you don't have the number, then you must register.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, so registering for the CTRN in now way effects the EIN? I should be operating with both?