Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Hi! I have a problem. a verbal agreement between aa ex girlfriend

Customer Question

Hi! I have a problem. a verbal agreement between aa ex girlfriend and I was made. i agreed to invest $13,000 in a business idea she had and we broke up. before the breakup she agreed to pay me monthly until the original 13,000 was paid back and on top of the monthly note i was suppose to recieve commission/profit sharing. after the breakup i questioned her about the contract our lawyer was supposed to have (so she said) and then questioned lawyer and he knew nothing about it. after all of this she agreed to pay me back $25,000 for my trouble. im still waiting on paperwork. i do have receipts for the $13,000 and a audio of her agreeing that she owes me the $13,000 plus an extra $12,000 for use of my money to establish business and pay for insurance and things of that nature. do i have a leg to stand on ? thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. You do have a leg to stand on. The audio acknowledging the debt is sufficient to show the existence of the debt. If you can now show she is not paying you that debt, you can get a judgment against her and then proceed to attach her assets to collect that judgment. Being served with a summons that she is being sued will very likely be sufficient to get her to settle this with you.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i go about proving no payments where made
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Actually, you will not have to prove the negative. Once you make the claim, if she alleges she has paid you, she is going to have to provide evidence of such payments. :)