Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I filed a Motion to Dismiss without prejudice, due to the statute

Customer Question

I filed a Motion to Dismiss without prejudice, due to the statute of limitations. I did this pro se, in Arkansas for a suit against me by OCSE for child support.
The attorney for OCSE filed an answer to my motion, of course, objecting that their office does not have to consider the limitation rule under the Uniform Parentage Act and that they can make their own rules. They informed the that my hearing is March 8, 2010.
What happens now? Can I file anymore motions? If yes, what type of motions are allowed before the hearing? Or must I wait until the hearing? Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

There is no statute of limitations in Arkansas for the establishment of paternity.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My question wasn't answered, is there anything else I can do before the hearing? Can I answer the objection or must I wait for the hearing?

Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
You can submit any evidence that you have to reduce the child support. This would include pay stubs or proof of payment to the mother