JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues
16110456

what type of legal issues would a beauty salon business fa

what type of legal issues would a beauty salon business face?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 7 years ago.
The beauty salon will need to be licensed along with the stylist that work in the salon. The state will require certain rules be complied with to acquire and maintain the license.

The salon will also need to become familiar with employment laws in order to properly manage the employees of the salon. The salon may rent its location and will need to be familiar with commercial leases.

The owner may want to consider a limited liability business structure such as an LLC. This will protect the personal assets of the owner. For example, if a judgment in a civil suit is obtained it can only be satisfied against the business assets as opposed to the owner's personal assets.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.