Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Is there a benefit of changing a company entity from a LLC.

Customer Question

Is there a benefit of changing a company entity from a LLC. to a Inc when the founder in 100% share holder. And is one state better to file your corp than another.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
The C-corp pays taxes at a higher rate and is generally not the entity of choice for a 100% sole owner businsess. Additionally, not only does the C-corp pay taxes, you as the owner would pay taxes again on your earnings (this is known as the double taxation for corporations). The only advantage to a C-corp would be if you plan on selling shares to raise capital from investors. If you are not planning on selling shares, the LLC is the most convenient means. As far as places to incorporate, aside from CA which has very high taxes and a court ruled unconstitutional corporate tax scheme, most states have very little difference in their incorporation/LLC laws other than filing fees, which are also fairly close.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your time your answer was exactly what I need to know. Thanks again.
Thank you.