JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues
16110456

An LLC company that my name is attached to is being sued and

Customer Question

An LLC company that my name is XXXXX XXXXX is being sued and I received a temp restaining order. The restraining order lists some other companies as well as 3 individual people as defendants but my name is XXXXX XXXXX the order, just the company my name is XXXXX XXXXX If the defendants are required to show up in court, do I physically have to be there or just the lawyer representing the company?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 7 years ago.
The company attorney should appear. If you are not specifically named in the subpoena you are not required to appear.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you. The suit is with the FTC and I have only been instructed not to do anything with assests or documents which makes sense, but my name does not appear on the court order anywhere and I am not listed as a defendant.

Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 7 years ago.
Be sure that your attorney receives the document in advance of the court date so he may assist you in preserving the required records.

Thank you