wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation

I recently started a sole propietorship. I have a financial

I recently started a sole propietorship. I have a financial judgment against me for an auto loan my ex-wife defaulted on. My question is Can my business account which is in my name be frozen? If so will incorporating solve that problem until I pay off the debt?
is the account using your social security number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the account uses my SS#. Can I do it without it with just a dba? Thats all I have at the moment.
you should create a simple NYS c corp, and apply for a new tax id through the IRS.GOV website, you will get is within a few minutes, you should put all your assets in income in the corp account, that is treated separate from you in every way and cannot be collected.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok do I need to set up the corp first in order to get the tax id? And both before setting up the new bank account?
you need the corp first, which can be done in less than a day, and then the tax id. Once you have both the bank will allow you to open an account