Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.

I am in business with two contractors. I created a joint venture

Customer Question

I am in business with two contractors. I created a joint venture between a very successful company from another state and a local contractor. We have worked on and I have brought in business of over 200,000, plus my sweat equity in as little as seven months. Now that the out of state party has moved down here and an office has been put together and officer's have been assigned, I have not received a dime they have paid each other the back and are paying each other salaries. I have been on every project my name is XXXXX XXXXX every document. I quit my job, have invested almost 16,000 of my own and borrowed monies, I have lost and sacrificed other investments’ and I have borrowed so much money just to survive. I don’t know where to go from here. I am losing my patience and my mind. I have notarized contract. Can I get help for this? Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 6 years ago.

You have a signed, notarized joint venture contract. You either get paid what you are owed under the contract, or you sue the other joint venturers for the money. Am I missing something? Make a written demand with an accounting of what you are owed. Either they pay or you hire a lawyer and sue them.

I hope that I have been able to answer your question(s) in a helpful way. If you do not understand my answer or need to follow up please do so. My answer is based solely on the facts that you presented, if you add facts to the situation the answer may change. I do not get paid from the website unless you, the customer, accept the answer I have given you by clicking on the ACCEPT link. Sometimes, the answer I give you may not be what you wanted to hear. I can't tell you what you want to hear, I can only tell you what the law is and what I think will happen in your matter based on my 23 years of legal experience. Please don't "kill the messenger" or fail to ACCEPT my answer just because it is not what you were hoping to hear. Sometimes, I can only offer the advice that you sit down and confer with a local attorney where you live. If this is the advice I gave you, it is because based on the facts you gave me, the situation is, in my opinion, beyond the ability of a website to help you. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.