J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.

Our company conducts and publishes independent customer satisfaction

Our company conducts and publishes independent customer satisfaction research (like J. D. Power does but it is for business to business services). One organization (a large bank) does not like their ratings since they are in last place. I have been told by two other organizations in our research study that the unhappy bank has approached them about jointly sponsoring their own research in an effort to make our research valueless in the market place. Is this collusion and is it illegal?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 6 years ago.

From you description of the facts, there does not appear to be any illegal activity here. Only if the organizations were attempting to produce more favorable results through fraud (e.g. generating and publicizing false data), would the activity be illegal. Otherwise, it's simply competitive.

If there are additional facts that you think might change the context, please let me know.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. It is understood that by posting to this site, your information is made public and no attorney-client confidence is created or possible.

In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. Thank you.