lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

I am summons to small claim for defaulting on a loan. I got

Customer Question

I am summons to small claim for defaulting on a loan. I got laid off a year ago, and can no longer fulfill my obligation. I place TV and computer as identification for security. 1. How should i respond to summons within 30days. 2. What ruling should i expect from magistrate? 3. Will creditor come after my personal property for payment. SC resident
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
If they have the TV and computer as security they can obtain claim and delivery papers out on those items. The best thing to do is to contact them and try to work out something with them. Maybe they will take the computer and TV and agree to drop the case. In SC they cannot garnish your wages but they can attach your bank account.