Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I have a sole proprietary medical business and would like to

Customer Question

I have a sole proprietary medical business and would like to incorporate, if it is worth it. What is the liability difference between incorporating a regular business Vrs. A medical profession business in California?. thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon. The only real difference between a non-professional corporation and a professional corporation...such as medical or that with regard to the professional corporation, you are not allowed to limit your liability with respective to professional malpractice. All other safeguards to protect your personal assets from the liabilities of the entity are the same.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks again please explain if possible.

Right now with I have asole proprietary business, If someone sued me for malpractice, beyond my malpractice insurance, they can actually come after my personal assets. What I understand from your answer is ; even if I incorporate my medical business, they still can come after my personal assets. However if I am sued for other than malpractice issues, an incorporated medical practice has the same protection as any other inc. business. Is that right?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
That is absolutely correct.